test

I would like to remind our anglers when asked to make sure to say ‘yes, we are fishing for trout

Discussion in 'General Fishing Discussions' started by HookedAZ, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags. Please type in a Lake Name, Species of Fish etc:
  1. HookedAZ

HookedAZ Administrator Staff Member

More pushing of the trout. Similar thread here about why so much effort is going into Trout vs any other species of fishing in AZ lakes and rivers.

New Article from Mohave Valley News below.

A few hardy anglers have braved the cold (well, cold for Bullhead City, anyway) weather in their quest for rainbow trout.
    “The rainbow trout are in,” said Rusty Braun, proprietor of Riviera Marina in Bullhead City and provider of area fishing information for the Mohave Valley Daily News, the Arizona Game and Fish Department and the Nevada Department of Wildlife. “We just got another plant at Davis Camp and in Old Bullhead’s Community Park.

“I would like to remind our anglers when asked to make sure to say ‘yes, we are fishing for trout.’ Agencies that will be conducting a creel study want to hear if you are targeting the rainbow trout. It means we will get more, not less. Call me if you need to but they want to hear that you are fishing for the trout that are being stocked for you. The trout that are being put in for the caddisfly is different.”

source/full article mohavedailynews.com/news/trout-fishermen-tell-officials-you-are-after-the-rainbows/article_c488bd7e-e463-11e6-b039-bfca8796a77c.html